Up & down, round & round - H
My feelings always take me for a ride. I think most people are surprised to find out that I'm a feeler as opposed to a thinker. (You know, the Meiers-Briggs categories?) I know that was true when I was in high school anyway. So, feeling discouraged about teaching makes me want to quit, and feeling good about teaching makes me want to keep at it. Overall, though I do want to quit sometime in the near future. Just, feeling down about it makes me want to quit sooner.
I just find it hard to do everything I do (or want to do) and do it well, which is what I really long for. I find a lot of satisfaction in that, in a job well done. It just takes so much time and effort that I don't feel like I have. If I focused only on myself and my life and what I need to get done, I might be able to do it, but I wouldn't feel good about that. I'm beginning to think my life has become a lot more self-centered since leaving college, and I'm trying to make efforts to change that, to make service and others a bigger focus of my life. Afterall, didn't Jesus come to serve, not to be served? This is a really good reminder for me. JOY (Jesus Others You --> in order of priority)
I just find it hard to do everything I do (or want to do) and do it well, which is what I really long for. I find a lot of satisfaction in that, in a job well done. It just takes so much time and effort that I don't feel like I have. If I focused only on myself and my life and what I need to get done, I might be able to do it, but I wouldn't feel good about that. I'm beginning to think my life has become a lot more self-centered since leaving college, and I'm trying to make efforts to change that, to make service and others a bigger focus of my life. Afterall, didn't Jesus come to serve, not to be served? This is a really good reminder for me. JOY (Jesus Others You --> in order of priority)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home