Friday, April 01, 2005

Outnumbered - E

For fun, I decided to count the number of posts my wife has made versus the number of posts I have made. 62 to 9, which is almost a 7-to-1 ratio. Hmmm...maybe I can get it down to 5-to-1 or so. I guess my mind is mostly devoid of deep thoughts these days. So I'll talk about shallow stuff...=P

Part of my morning routine is checking a few websites for things basketball. I go to the ESPN and NBA websites and watch the highlights from the day before, I got to Dime's website to read their "Smack" column, and I check my fantasy basketball teams. I was watching a clip of Iverson, and he is ridiculously quick. I mean, he's shorter than most players but he can seemingly score at will. And if you watch him play, he's still got bounce even after all the pounding he's absorbed. But I think my favorite player is Dwyane Wade. He first caught my attention when he took Marquette to the Final Four a few years ago. I was really impressed with how he passed the ball -- even little things like how he passed it into the post. Not that I'm any kind of expert, but he made it look so effortless. Recently, in a game against the Suns, he came over from the weak-side and delivered a vicious block on Amare Stoudemire, then hit a 3 from half-court before the quarter ended. Quite an impressive sequence. He gets a ton of blocks for a guard.

You know, I wonder what it is about basketball that I love so much. I can say all these things about loving the feeling of running down full speed on a fast break, or driving kamikaze-style into the lane and absorbing contact, or the snapping sound the net makes when you swish a shot -- but would I still enjoy it if I really stunk at it? And if not, how true is my love of the game? Why do we love the things we love? For me, a big part of it is being able to play and play well, although I love watching it as well.

I figure out yesterday how to download mp3's and background onto my phone (woot!)-- so now I've got a background of the Illini celebrating their comeback win over Arizona.

Go Fighting Illini!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep posting, man. Enjoyed it -- just as I do H's.

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker