Just a few bright spots - H
I had a few bright spots in my week last week...amid this torrent of grading and work. I'm still enjoying work, but it's becoming increasingly busy and I've been feeling a tad overwhelmed...just a teeny-weeny bit. Anyway, one thing I enjoyed was a conversation with my mom last week. I was telling her about a friend who just came back from a medical mission trip to Kenya and about the missionary and the family that he worked with. I saw pictures of both the missionary and his wife and they just look exhausted, especially his wife. She's raising 5 little kids and homeschooling on top of homemaking. Anyway, I suggested to my mom that we go visit them so we can help them out a bit and lighten the load for them at least for a bit. I can help teach science and my mom can help around the house and with the kids. She laughed. I guess it was funny.
The part I enjoyed was that she knows someone who goes on short-term medical mission trips pretty frequently and seems well connected in the medical community so that he's able to donate expensive machines and medicines to the places that he visits on top of offering medical services. She said she'd bring up my missionary friend with him and the possibility of going there the next time she sees him, and I got all excited at the prospect of helping this missionary doctor and perhaps bringing him any supplies he may need. Best of all, it was with my mom. It's just a small thing, and who knows if anything will even happen, but the thought of doing a little bit of ministry with my mom is really cool.
The other thing is that my brother-in-law accepted Christ. I just read his testimony, and it's really incredible the things that God has brought him through and freed him from. Praise the Lord!
The part I enjoyed was that she knows someone who goes on short-term medical mission trips pretty frequently and seems well connected in the medical community so that he's able to donate expensive machines and medicines to the places that he visits on top of offering medical services. She said she'd bring up my missionary friend with him and the possibility of going there the next time she sees him, and I got all excited at the prospect of helping this missionary doctor and perhaps bringing him any supplies he may need. Best of all, it was with my mom. It's just a small thing, and who knows if anything will even happen, but the thought of doing a little bit of ministry with my mom is really cool.
The other thing is that my brother-in-law accepted Christ. I just read his testimony, and it's really incredible the things that God has brought him through and freed him from. Praise the Lord!

2 Comments:
i was just thinking about dr. s and his family the other day! i really miss his teaching. i've been visiting random churches and realized it is so hard to find that caliber of preaching anywhere. it's like i'm starving for a good sermon. i hope you do get to go out and visit him.
i hear you. js said that dr. s led Bible studies out there, and it made me want to visit even more, just for one more Bible study. - H
Post a Comment
<< Home