Back to work? - H
I subbed for a coworker today for 3 periods. She had a last minute emergency and needed someone who knew the material to teach it. I quite enjoyed it, but I don't know if it's b/c this particular class of juniors is the class with which I built the best rapport when I taught them as freshman or if it's that I like teaching. It's especially fun to see this group of students b/c they're so excited to see me, and I them. Who wouldn't like to be welcomed by that?...but does that mean I should go back to work? Would I like it as much if I had to do it day in and day out and with a different bunch of students? I enjoy the relaxed tone of my days and that I'm able to do things that I've always enjoyed like hanging out at the bookstore/cafe, working out (which I've only just begun), and cooking/baking (which are slowly working their way back into my life). I have time to do the things I enjoy and am not dictated by a work schedule. I'm even starting to wake up earlier and becoming a morning person again. I love that! I feel like my life is back in order now, the first time in 5 years which is when I started working.
So, here's one thing I wanted to share...about laundry. I do a lot of it these days, and I realized that the reason laundry comes out of the dryer crunchy and rough if no fabric softener is used is b/c there is so much detergent left in the fabric that hasn't washed out. After realizing that, I started using much less detergent (b/c it does bubble up so much when you use the capful that is recommended). I noticed that the detergent was fully washed out of the laundry, and I no longer had to use fabric softener. I think it's better for your clothes not to use fabric softener. I think the way it works is by breaking down the fibers of the clothes slightly. I could be making that up, so don't quote me on that. Anyway, so I don't use fabric softener anymore.
So, here's one thing I wanted to share...about laundry. I do a lot of it these days, and I realized that the reason laundry comes out of the dryer crunchy and rough if no fabric softener is used is b/c there is so much detergent left in the fabric that hasn't washed out. After realizing that, I started using much less detergent (b/c it does bubble up so much when you use the capful that is recommended). I noticed that the detergent was fully washed out of the laundry, and I no longer had to use fabric softener. I think it's better for your clothes not to use fabric softener. I think the way it works is by breaking down the fibers of the clothes slightly. I could be making that up, so don't quote me on that. Anyway, so I don't use fabric softener anymore.

1 Comments:
HI MRS. AHN
it was fun having you for AP bio!
you should come back next year so that me and rebecca can visit you every other day!!! and i can finally TA for you.
PS: me and rebecca are going to add you on facebook!
Post a Comment
<< Home