I'm tired - H
With an infant that deprives me of sleep and a 2.5 year old that deprives me of sanity, I have little mental capacity for much more than mind-numbing games on the web, tv (if we would get reception), or shopping...and then shopping takes too much energy and effort that I don't even like doing that lately. I thoroughly enjoy my infant when I have time alone with her. She is quite precious and sweet. However, an irritable two year old that is prone to tantrums and copping an attitude is quite draining and often depletes me of patience and happiness such that I would rather crawl into a dark cave and hide from all people four feet and under in height.
I don't quite understand why it would be that we have to endure a period such as the terrible twos. Dealing with defiance and tantrums and poor behavior and the testing of limits and constant correcting and discipline and, and, and...what is it all for? I guess I'm speaking from my perspective as one who has to endure it and wondering what purpose there is in it for me. I'm tired. I deal with it all day, everyday, and therefore bear the brunt of it. I'm hit with it all at least three times more than my husband, and I'm tired. When does it end?
At least the weather is going to warm up soon, and that should help my child to work off her energy and funnel it toward something other than me. It'll be good for me to get out too, to see more sun, to get more fresh air, and to be free from the confines of my house. Baby #2 is steadily growing more and more independent, and that'll be good for me too.
Things E is doing lately...she can roll over and she's nearly sitting up on her own. She wobbles a bit, but she's noticeably improving everyday. She can intentionally grab objects and put them in her mouth, and she smiles and at times laughs. She's entering into this really fun stage. I hope I have the capacity to fully enjoy it.
I don't quite understand why it would be that we have to endure a period such as the terrible twos. Dealing with defiance and tantrums and poor behavior and the testing of limits and constant correcting and discipline and, and, and...what is it all for? I guess I'm speaking from my perspective as one who has to endure it and wondering what purpose there is in it for me. I'm tired. I deal with it all day, everyday, and therefore bear the brunt of it. I'm hit with it all at least three times more than my husband, and I'm tired. When does it end?
At least the weather is going to warm up soon, and that should help my child to work off her energy and funnel it toward something other than me. It'll be good for me to get out too, to see more sun, to get more fresh air, and to be free from the confines of my house. Baby #2 is steadily growing more and more independent, and that'll be good for me too.
Things E is doing lately...she can roll over and she's nearly sitting up on her own. She wobbles a bit, but she's noticeably improving everyday. She can intentionally grab objects and put them in her mouth, and she smiles and at times laughs. She's entering into this really fun stage. I hope I have the capacity to fully enjoy it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home