Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Seeing 20/20 - H

I have a pair of glasses but rarely wear them. I like to take them to movies and the occasional show I might see, so then I don't have to bother E to read any subtitles for me or have him describe some of the details that are blurry to me. Since I rarely wear my glasses though, I usually forget to take them. Still, I get my eyes checked, and I got a new pair of glasses since my vision has gotten slightly, but noticeably worse. So I wore them home while I was driving, and I was taken aback by the detail I could see on the trees that lined the streets. I could make out the individual leaves swaying in the breeze. I guess I've forgotten what it's like to see clearly, and I kept comparing my vision with and without the glasses. I kept thinking that the glasses were distorting my vision when in fact they were making everything clearer and in focus. Ironic, eh? I'm so used to seeing everything blurry that when it's clear it looks weird to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker