Friday, July 03, 2009

Wrapping gifts - H

J turns 2 in 2 days. I can hardly believe it. I wrapped some presents for her just now. It's the first time in a while where I've enjoyed wrapping presents while eagerly anticipating presenting them to the recipient. Sometime after getting married or maybe it was after I entered adulthood, holidays weren't quite as fun, and although I made it a point to give presents (which my family really didn't do when I was growing up), I didn't experience the joy and anticipation like I just did while wrapping J's presents. It's in part b/c I'm pretty sure J will appreciate these gifts. I'm pretty sure these are the kinds of toys that will get a lot of use, and that she'll be really happy to have them. I'm anticipating the look on her face when she sees what we got her, and I can't wait to see her smile. Of course we could be disappointed. I'm leaving that door open, but I'm convinced that she'll be delighted. Can't wait!

E and I both enjoy making her happy. It's a lot of fun! Some of the things that put a smile on her face are the offer of ice cream, juice, or a gummy vitamin...oh and me letting her skip her nap after she's been crying about it for an hour. (She doesn't raise hell when E puts her down. Just me. Argh!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker