OCD and "peacarini" - H
We're realizing J is a bit OCD. If we watch her carefully, we notice that certain things have to be just so for her to be satisfied. One thing is the position of the handle on this toy infant car seat someone gave her. She adjusts it in minute increments until it's in just the right position (which is actually not the best position for it. The baby frequently falls out of the seat.), and I can't convince her to change.
Today, E said the bath mat in the bathroom was folded under in one section. J had to straighten it out. When she was in bed at bedtime, I had to go in a few times to correct a few things that were wrong. First, the blanket had to be against the rail to block some of the light from the nightlight in her room. She cried out for help to fix that one. Then, she must have kicked off her blanket but then decided she wanted the blanket and needed some help with that. However, the other half of the blanket that was ruffled up needed to be flattened and straightened. She checked to make sure it was to her satisfaction before she let me go. Then, this other turtle nightlight that projects stars onto the ceiling turned off, so I had to go in to fix that. Then she called out my name ("Mommy") a few times to which I had to answer, "Shhh." After all of this, she was finally ready to go to sleep.
All I can say is, "Oh J!"
J had some stir fry for dinner today. I just discovered this dish which is great b/c it's relatively easy, and you can put in whatever you want. I use it as a way to get some veggies into J's diet. Anyway, after a few bites, she wasn't interested in eating it anymore. I offered her the carrots. No. Peas? No. Chicken? No. Brocolli? No. Zucchini? No. (She actually likes eating these particular veggies, by the way.) BUT, when I offered her "pearot" (peas+carrot), she ate it. Then I offered her "peacarini" (peas+carrot+zucchini), and she opened wide. I followed that up with "chickpea" (chicken+peas), and she gobbled it up. She just finds the names funny, I guess, and is willing to eat it if I call it something else. Who knows what is going through her interesting, little mind. We're both amused that she'll eat it just b/c we call it something else.
Today, E said the bath mat in the bathroom was folded under in one section. J had to straighten it out. When she was in bed at bedtime, I had to go in a few times to correct a few things that were wrong. First, the blanket had to be against the rail to block some of the light from the nightlight in her room. She cried out for help to fix that one. Then, she must have kicked off her blanket but then decided she wanted the blanket and needed some help with that. However, the other half of the blanket that was ruffled up needed to be flattened and straightened. She checked to make sure it was to her satisfaction before she let me go. Then, this other turtle nightlight that projects stars onto the ceiling turned off, so I had to go in to fix that. Then she called out my name ("Mommy") a few times to which I had to answer, "Shhh." After all of this, she was finally ready to go to sleep.
All I can say is, "Oh J!"
J had some stir fry for dinner today. I just discovered this dish which is great b/c it's relatively easy, and you can put in whatever you want. I use it as a way to get some veggies into J's diet. Anyway, after a few bites, she wasn't interested in eating it anymore. I offered her the carrots. No. Peas? No. Chicken? No. Brocolli? No. Zucchini? No. (She actually likes eating these particular veggies, by the way.) BUT, when I offered her "pearot" (peas+carrot), she ate it. Then I offered her "peacarini" (peas+carrot+zucchini), and she opened wide. I followed that up with "chickpea" (chicken+peas), and she gobbled it up. She just finds the names funny, I guess, and is willing to eat it if I call it something else. Who knows what is going through her interesting, little mind. We're both amused that she'll eat it just b/c we call it something else.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home