Monday, June 01, 2009

Paddle boating - H

I took J to Shoreline last week just for a change of scenery. We enjoyed a walk together, watched some geese and even saw some baby geese, and had lunch by the water. I love these little outings we have together! Well, there was a school group there with tons of kids on the water canoeing and paddle boating, and J wanted to go out on the water. I didn't want to take her out alone, so I told her we'd come back with Daddy. So, that's what we did over the weekend. We took her paddle boating, and after we got on the boat, we asked J, "Is this fun?" She gives us a blank stare and then...silence. We asked her several times, and got the same response every time. Then after about a half hour, she wanted to get off and eat lunch. This wasn't quite what she had in mind, I guess. I think she wanted to interact with it, maybe by rowing with oars or getting wet. Simply riding on the water wasn't enough. She had more fun eating lunch and chasing the squirrel that kept creeping up to steal our food. Ah, simple pleasures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker