Tuesday, March 16, 2010

An update - H

What's going Aaaaahn?

This'll probably be a post about random things going on lately. None too important or interesting to anyone besides me.

I've finally taken the time to figure out Ella's sleep schedule and started to follow it. While it keeps me at home more (b/c she doesn't sleep well when not at home), it's brought more order and predictability to my life which in turn makes the day to day more manageable.

Food is a source of stress for me and has been since I started working. I don't know if it would have been as much an issue if I had an office job that was more regular and didn't require me to bring work home everyday. In any case, I have had a hard time feeding myself well since I started working, and now that I have kids, it's marginally better only b/c I have to feed them. I'd heard that menu planning can take the stress out of meal times and help decrease the groceries budget too, but when we first tried it, it was just too overwhelming, another to do. We revisited it this week though, and it's been quite manageable and meal times have actually been more enjoyable both b/c I don't have to spontaneously create a healthful meal out of the hodge podge of ingredients in the fridge AND b/c I can eat too. (I often don't eat lunch. I just get something ready for J to eat.)

J is really growing up. She'll be three years old in just a few months. She's not a baby anymore. Good thing I have another baby to fill in that baby-shaped space in my heart. (I love having a little baby!) Lately, Julia is interested in mastering pedaling her tricycle and incredibly interested in playing with other kids. She's pretty confident and offers her two cents in almost any conversation both with kids and adults. She still loves to snuggle with Mommy and hates going to sleep. She takes FOREVER to get anything done whether it's brushing her teeth or getting her shoes on. We constantly have to set time limits or we'd be waiting a week for her to eat Monday's breakfast. She loves her little sister and plays with her. Baby E is delighted by her and just smiles and stares at her when she's in the room. J really is so great with her. Yesterday, J was playing in the backyard while I was cooking dinner. E was taking a nap and then started crying. I faintly heard it, but J heard it and immediately ran to check on her. J often runs to check on her sister even before I do and sits next to her distraught sister comforting her. I love that! J loves to read books and always has. She's entered the "why" stage and is constantly asking why. I thought I would try to cut those conversations short by turning the question back to her. I succeeded, but then after about a week or two of that, she resisted and responded, "No, Mommy. Why do YOU think?" (She's a smart little bugger!)

E is working on sitting up, but she loves to be on her feet. She can roll over, but doesn't do it unless she's rolling over to eat, and she doesn't care for tummy time, although she'll tolerate it now that she can hold her head up longer. She doesn't really get comfortable in our arms when we're holding her. She doesn't snuggle up or put her head on our shoulders. She never has. She's very smiley these days. She often stares at one of us, waiting for eye contact to flash her precious smile at us. For some reason, she often has her tongue sticking out between her lips, just hiding her two pearly whites. She screams more than babbles and she giggles too. We'll be starting her on solids soon. We've given her some mashed up rice during dinner time, and she seems to be interested in it and like it. Feeding her for the first time should be fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker