Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Remarkable! - H

I wasn't expecting this, but my calla plant has budded a new flower! Yea! It's begun to open, and it looks like it's going to be a rich yellow-orange one, about the size of the main flower that's nearing it's end. I bet the plant is timing it just right so that the new bud will be in full bloom by the time the old was has faded. Amazing.

Plants may seem a bit dull and boring, and maybe it's the biologist/nature-lover in me, but I find them astonishing. You don't see them change minute to minute, but from day to day the plants grow and change quite a bit. Signs of life in something that's so still...I think that's remarkable.

2 Comments:

Blogger J said...

Wow, that's so cool - a neverending supply of callas! How are your strawberry plants doing?

8:55 AM  
Blogger haed said...

They're doing great. I found a whole lot of aphids on them the other day and have had to be vigilant getting rid of them. I'm just waiting for them to get bigger and turn red. I'm getting more and more baby orange bell peppers and my tomato flowers are starting to open too. Yea!

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker