Monday, January 21, 2008

Live and learn - H

Julia had a heck of a weekend. First, she was stung by something just near her eye. I didn't see what it was. I just saw the remaining stinger. She was fine for the most part. She just had to deal with some swelling around her eye. She looked like she'd been battered a bit. Then, the next day, she vomited her dinner in her crib and all over herself and me. I think she'd just eaten too much. We had people over, and I think she was so delighted and distracted that she wasn't paying attention to how much she was eating. She'd eaten more than a quarter of an avocado, some applesauce, and then about a wedge and a half of a Satsuma orange. I was amazed that she was eating so much, but I've read about how you don't have to worry much about how much a baby is eating b/c they'll stop when they're full. I don't think that was the case here. Live and learn.

Impulse...I don't think I tend to be an impulsive shopper, but there have been a few instances where I haven't done much research, made a purchase, and regretted it in the end. I kick myself over and over about things like that b/c it's just unlike me, and I wonder where I was when making that decision. Where was my brain?! What was I thinking...or why wasn't I thinking?!! Live and learn, I guess, but I hate making mistakes like these.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker