Thursday, January 03, 2008

Success - H

Today success is measured by how much food baby ate. Today she ate a baby-sized bowl of pureed rice and sucked on an orange wedge in one of those mesh baby feeders. We started introducing food over a week ago now with little success. Of the handful of things she's tasted, she's only liked 1, avocado. She tolerated apple sauce, flat out refused carrots, and wasn't keen on baby rice cereal either. So, today I had some rice in the pot and decided to soak it in water and puree it. She ate it up! Hooray! I was feeling a little stressed that she didn't like eating and had visions of baby food fights, but my fears are allayed. I think the flavors of the apple and carrot were too strong for her virgin taste buds, so we'll have to save those for later. I realize that as little as she is, she is her own person with her own preferences.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker