Praying with J - E
Every night, it's my job to give J a bath and put her to sleep. The end of the bedtime routine, with a few interruptions for J to drink water, are story time, praying time, and a song, in that order.
Tonight, after turning off the light, I started to pray for J. I pretty much start the same way every night: "Lord, thank you for J, thank you for our family" and so on. Tonight, during a pause in my prayer, J started to pray:
"Lord, thank you for Mommy, thank you for Daddy, thank you for Julia. Thank you for lunch, thank you for dinner...thank you for lunch. Thank you gogi (meat), thank you for bap (rice), thank you for bap and gim (toasted seaweed)...thank you for moo guk (radish soup). Thank you for bap and gim and gogi and bap."
I was dying. I finished praying with an "amen," and the first word out of J's mouth was: "song," as in, "sing me a song, Daddy." There are times that I want her to go to sleep right away, and there are times that I enjoy just hanging out with her. Tonight was one of the latter.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home