It must be... - H
I stopped by my old workplace today to start cleaning out my closet. I officially resigned a few months ago, but I haven't had a chance to stop in. There's something I really like about being there, and something that makes me want to linger. It must be the people, how they're happy to see me even though I haven't stopped in all year, how they're still welcoming and how they'll invite me to stay for the department potluck lunch. It must be how one remembers fondly one of the units we planned together that she still enjoys and is still successful and even better now. It must be how they're interested to know how my daughter is doing and how they ask me if I have photos to show them. It must be how they stop what they're doing when I walk in during the middle of their prep period to chat and catch up, and how we almost pick up where we left off. There is something that's so nice about that group of people, my old coworkers. I definitely wouldn't mind finding myself back there one day. They are a great bunch to work with.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home