Update - H
So, we had a great time at Whistler. As expected the terrain was great, but it would have been nice if there were more snow. We did get a sprinkling the last day. I would guess that some parts of the resort probably got at least six inches which made all the difference. I feel much more comfortable when I know that I can fall or tumble down the mountain and not sustain any injuries. Having fresh powder also slows you down which means more control of the board. Yes!
We hit the terrain park once. I tried a couple of ramps that led to little jumps. I probably got a total of six inches of air and then landed on my toushie both times which is a little embarrassing when there's a whole line of more seasoned riders waiting in line behind you and watching. Some of them are doing 180s and 360s, grabbing their boards, and here's little me scooting my butt off the ramp. E tried one that was a little more difficult. He didn't correctly judge the inclines on either side of the ramp and the result was that he in effect landed on his belly and slid down the ramp like a raw egg that went splat. I am much more confident when hitting bumps on the slope though, and I've hit some, caught some air, and landed them. It's exhilarating!
I don't know what it is, but I've been really happy these days. I've been laughing a lot. When we were in Canada I thought it might be the endorphins coursing through my blood stream that in effect were making me drunk. Maybe it's the weather lately. It feels like summer is right around the corner with all the sun we've been getting. We went to Milk Pail for the first time in a while to buy our produce today. I was shopping in the relatively warm sun just like I did all last summer. (sigh) "Only" 4-1/2 months until school is out. I guess the good news is that it's still ski season. Tahoe here we come!
We hit the terrain park once. I tried a couple of ramps that led to little jumps. I probably got a total of six inches of air and then landed on my toushie both times which is a little embarrassing when there's a whole line of more seasoned riders waiting in line behind you and watching. Some of them are doing 180s and 360s, grabbing their boards, and here's little me scooting my butt off the ramp. E tried one that was a little more difficult. He didn't correctly judge the inclines on either side of the ramp and the result was that he in effect landed on his belly and slid down the ramp like a raw egg that went splat. I am much more confident when hitting bumps on the slope though, and I've hit some, caught some air, and landed them. It's exhilarating!
I don't know what it is, but I've been really happy these days. I've been laughing a lot. When we were in Canada I thought it might be the endorphins coursing through my blood stream that in effect were making me drunk. Maybe it's the weather lately. It feels like summer is right around the corner with all the sun we've been getting. We went to Milk Pail for the first time in a while to buy our produce today. I was shopping in the relatively warm sun just like I did all last summer. (sigh) "Only" 4-1/2 months until school is out. I guess the good news is that it's still ski season. Tahoe here we come!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home