Monday, February 25, 2008

Update - H

So, Baby J is almost 8 months old now, and until 3 days ago, she was still waking up at least twice at night. I was starting to wonder what I'm doing wrong b/c she should be sleeping through the night by now. I think we (I) figured out that it's b/c we'd been putting her to sleep too late (8:30PM), and she was overtired. So, it was doubly great to figure out what was going on b/c not only has she been sleeping through the night for the last 2 days, but she sleeps even earlier so we have a bit more flexibility and time to ourselves in the evenings...although it does limit the amount of time E gets to spend with her.

I discovered J's 5th tooth today. It probably erupted a while ago, but since I wasn't expecting her to sprout another tooth, I didn't notice until today. Baby J is now a cruiser, I guess. She crawls only to get herself to something she can use to get herself standing, and when she's finally standing she bounces up and down and tap, tap, taps her hand on it. She's able to take steps while holding on to the couch or the coffee table.

So, we close on our house this week. For those who haven't heard we bought ourselves a little fixer upper. We've been slowly starting to meet people to make plans to start working on the house. It's kind of exciting to think about all the possibilities, a little frightening to think about the expense, and a little frustrating to think about the limits in that I know what I would love to do that would make it just perfect but sadly beyond our budget (and at the same time not worth it b/c we're thinking we'll probably outgrow the house in the next several years, hopefully with more kids.) So, we have to choose wisely. Hm...

I had a wonderful birthday week. E took the week off from work so he could, in effect, work as a stay-at-home-dad for a week while I took the vacation. Hehe. We just relaxed at home and spent time together. It was a blessing! I also received some unexpected gifts and experienced a lot of thoughtfulness. I was touched and thankful! I extend a warm and heartfelt thanks to each of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker